Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator

importing report template (.xlsx or .zip) from NP 16.3 to NP Feb 2019...error message

Hi All, I am trying to migrate the NPrinting from 16.3 SR3 to NP Feb 2019 version... since this version involves manual steps for creating the App, filters, connection and I created these successfully.

While importing the existing .xlsx report template from 16.3 to Np Feb 2019 version I get the following error message

The report file does not contain valid data.  - tried importing the .xlsx file that is currently used in 16.3 same error message

also tried the .zip (.xlsx file - send to - compressed zip folder) - both are giving the same error message

where iam going wrong not able to find - any suggestions please

NP_Error_Msg.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I supposed from the error message that the .zip file exported from QlikView NPrinting 16 was allocated by another process. 

Please don't open the .zip and don't modify nothing in it. Upload the project in the Qlik NPrinting 17+ as it is. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

On your screenshots you are pointing to the report import (which is only for exporting/importing NPrinitng 17+ reports) so I am not sure why would you use import button which is not meant for NPrinting 16 project imports.

All migration options are described on https://help.qlik.com and i suggest to follow them as they are most up to date instructions currently.

You have 2 options:

1. Migrate whole project: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm

2. Import report in template editor https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import-rep...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your time

i am using Np feb 2019 version and i tried the project export from Np 16.3 sr3 - clicked on export which created the .zip file with report template and .nsq file then i go to Np feb 2019 browser console then created the app, connection and create report then navigate to .zip file location thats when i get this error - i also tried creating the new template then within the deaigner used import np16 but this is giving an error saying that file is being used by another process  - not sure why? Could you please help where iam going wrong

RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

Any suggestions on where the issue could be...

connection is successfu , it is an existing and working fine in old server - any help much appreciated

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you want to migrate the whole QlikView NPrinting 16 project, as already told by @Lech_Miszkiewicz , I suggest to upgrade you Qlik NPrinting February 2019 installation to the November 2019 that is the first version with the Migration Tool. Migrating a whole QlikView NPrinting 16 project with the Migration Tool is faster and it has useful error messages in the user interface.

If you want to import a single report, please use the correct tool from the Qlik NPrinting Designer, then add all the error details with screenshots where needed so we can better understand the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech/Ruggero,

I followed the steps that are mentioned for the report template migration.... attached are the screenshots

could you please help … where I am going wrong

RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

attached screenshots

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

err1.png

Close the other process that is using the same file. 

The QlikView NPrinting 16 export seems correct but it is very small. In the screenshots you was in the Schedules part, be sure you have report templates in that .nsq.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

Spoiler
Hi Ruggero, Thanks a lot for your time. What is the other process? should I rename the template so that it will have a different name. From NP 16.3 when I export the project I see the .zip file created which includes the .nsq and report template

e2.png

e1.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I supposed from the error message that the .zip file exported from QlikView NPrinting 16 was allocated by another process. 

Please don't open the .zip and don't modify nothing in it. Upload the project in the Qlik NPrinting 17+ as it is. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero