cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonB2020
Creator
Creator

AWS Aurora (Postgres) Driver

The "prerequisites" help section I think is describing a Linux setup ?
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2022/Content/Replicate/Main/Aurora%20PostgreSQL/aws_pr...

It names 2 items to be installed:

• PostgreSQL 13 ODBC driver,
  •  client programs and libraries

I am on Windows and trying to identify the correct msi / packages to install
If I google for ODBC driver only I get pointed to "psqlodbc_x64.msi"
Do I still need something else for the "client programs and libraries" part ?

The only other package I found was for the full Postgres DB Engine set up.

Also do I still need to perform steps 5-8 for windows ?
I have a C & I drive on the server, QR is installed at : I:\Attunity\Replicate

Appreciate any clarification.
Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @simonB2020 ,

Thanks for opening the article. Good insight! The User Guide is not accurate here.

1- You are using PostgreSQL as source endpoint, ONLY ODBC Driver should be sufficient.

2- No Need "client programs and libraries". In my opinion this component contains "psql" executable program which is used by COPY Utility in Qlik Replicate. It's useful while PostgreSQL acts as target endpoint. 

3- No need "steps 5-8 for windows". ODBC Driver installation is good enough. 

Looks to me the Qlik Replicate newer versions Docs missed the Windows part prerequisites. In old version Doc it is there. please use the 64-bit ODBC version 13.2. You may download it from https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/msi/ .

Please let me know if this addresses all your doubts. We will amend the docs, any feedback/confirmation from you is highly appreciated.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @simonB2020 ,

Thanks for opening the article. Good insight! The User Guide is not accurate here.

1- You are using PostgreSQL as source endpoint, ONLY ODBC Driver should be sufficient.

2- No Need "client programs and libraries". In my opinion this component contains "psql" executable program which is used by COPY Utility in Qlik Replicate. It's useful while PostgreSQL acts as target endpoint. 

3- No need "steps 5-8 for windows". ODBC Driver installation is good enough. 

Looks to me the Qlik Replicate newer versions Docs missed the Windows part prerequisites. In old version Doc it is there. please use the 64-bit ODBC version 13.2. You may download it from https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/msi/ .

Please let me know if this addresses all your doubts. We will amend the docs, any feedback/confirmation from you is highly appreciated.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik via Qlik Community Support page. However, Jhon mentioned everything in the post. However Whenever you do installation on Window most of the required entries made in ENVIRONMENT VARIABALES. if they are not there then you can add as per document.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar