Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pierretim
Contributor III
Contributor III

Attunity and highly sensitive data replication

Hi

I need to replicate data from an Oracle data source (using attunity log reader) to an Oracle target. The source data contains sensitive information but those columns will be either masked via a transformation at attunity level  (applying a function) or filtered out.

The source database is in a very secure environment (which implies lot of constraints) and I want to put attunity replicate in a less-secure environment (to have less operational constraints). But I need to guarantee that the filtered-out column (or masked via a function) will never quit the source environment, and so that it will not resides/transits on the attunity server. So my question is:

- when doing oracle to oracle replication, is there any data transiting/stored on the attunity server (I assume yes)

- if there is data transiting on the attunity server can I guarantee that filtered-out column (or masked via function) will never leave the source database ?

I know the question is a bit strange, but I found no way to test this and it is difficult to give an answer to security officers (outside by best guess which is that the critical data will safely remain on the source environment).

Thanks, Pierre

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hi Pierre,

Both of filter and mask (even by UDT) are not so good  but I think the materialized view may meet all your requirements , it will guarantee your secure data (or say, some columns values, right?) never quit the source environment.

So far I suggest your create support case in Salesforce system to get more detailed information but keep in mind that the support may falls into Professional Services scope.

thanks,

John WANG.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hi Pierre,

Both of filter and mask (even by UDT) are not so good  but I think the materialized view may meet all your requirements , it will guarantee your secure data (or say, some columns values, right?) never quit the source environment.

So far I suggest your create support case in Salesforce system to get more detailed information but keep in mind that the support may falls into Professional Services scope.

thanks,

John WANG.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Pierretim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello John

Thank you for the answer. What do you mean by materialzed view ? Do you mean a materialized view at the Oracle level ?

We might engage with professional services when we'll get close to have a complete POC for the various project, so we can surely keep this question for the support. I realize it is also not a very common usecase !

Regards, Pierre

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Pierre,

Yes, you are right 🙂

Regards,

John.