Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimXu
Contributor
Contributor

Changes are not being captured

I have a log stream task to snowflake:

some time rarely happen below warning, I couldnt find the log indicate what's the root cause for it. it is potentially lost some data if we dont know the root cause.

warning is:

00010948: 2023-07-26T12:24:44:744239 [SOURCE_CAPTURE ]W: Changes are not being captured (ar_cdc_channel.c:1400)

00010948: 2023-07-26T12:24:49:969355 [STREAM ]V: Stream stream_4. Source switches buffer from 2 to 0. Records in buffer 0 (stream.c:2625)

00010948: 2023-07-26T12:24:49:969355 [STREAM ]V: Source buffer in use 0 (stream.c:3266)

00010948: 2023-07-26T12:24:49:969355 [STREAM ]V: Data buffer 0. Ready 0, Records 0, used 0 (stream.c:3277)

Labels (1)
7 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @JimXu ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Not very sure what's the source database and Replicate version, there are 2 similar articles:

Qlik Replicate reports changes are not being captured error

Qlik Replicate reports changes are not being captured error

Please check and let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Good luck,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Arun_Arasu
Support
Support

Hi @JimXu ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Qlik community with your inquiry!

Regarding the "changes are not being captured" warning, we have identified two potential causes:

1. Valid Scenario: This warning may occur when the parent/log stream tasks fail to receive data from the source.

2. Error Scenario: In this situation, the parent/log stream task encounters an issue but continues to run without generating an error. If you encounter this warning on the replication task, we recommend examining the staging task for any potential errors during the same time frame.                                                      Please refer to the below community post   : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Replicate-reports-changes-are-not-being...

To investigate the issue further, we suggest checking the parent/log task on the console to review the latest time that events came for the tables related to the child task (the one with the warning).

For more accurate root cause analysis, we would require access to your task logs. To facilitate a thorough investigation, we highly recommend opening a support case. Our team will be more than happy to assist you in resolving the issue promptly and efficiently.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or require additional assistance. We value your engagement with the Qlik community and are committed to providing the best support possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

JimXu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

could you let me know the link to open a ticket please?

JimXu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

none of them helpful for me to find out root cause

JimXu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

none of them helpful for me to find out root cause

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

you can create Support case with Chat bot it will connect you with the live agent and agent will create a case on your behalf.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar