Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Titus
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data truncation in Full load

Hi Team,
We are using SQL Server and Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics with SQL authentication for the source and target, respectively. When I perform a full load of the table, one column's data gets truncated to a length of 100 characters loaded into the target. I only have access to the target table and do not have access to the source table.

In the Transform tab, a particular column is displaying as wstring(100), but I am certain that its length is more than 100 in the source table. Why is the data length being reduced by Qlik Replicate?

I increased the wstring(1000) in the Transform  and reloaded the data, but it is still being truncated to a length of 100. Although the metadata has been changed to nvarchar(1000) in Target, I don't have access to the source, but I am certain that data is being truncated in this particular column.

Thanks,
Titus

Labels (1)
2 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Titus ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

Personally I do not see Replicate truncate the column, please cooperate with your DBA to confirm the source column size and also please check the Collation between the 2 sides to understand further about the 'gap' (if there is).

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Titus ,

Could you please verify the Data Definition Language (DDL) for both the source and target tables? Additionally, inspect the task settings related to the option “If target table already exists”. Ensure that it is configured to “DROP and CREATE table”.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!