in ODBC Target, i config Provider syntax = GenericWithoutSchema

DuongNguyen_3-1697097898764.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

HI @DuongNguyen ,

Sure thing, I will try my best to get back to you in EOD.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

I've done some research, I'm afraid we still need some more investigation on the DB2i Target. To move the PoC forward quickly, I strongly suggest you talk to your account manager for help.

Good luck and Best Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Thanks for opening the article!

Not sure what the expected result? You want to drop/re-create the table if it exists, or truncate the data before full load, or you want to create a new table with same name but different schema ?

All the above scenarios are supported, you may control the behavior in Full Load Tuning , a sample:

john_wang_0-1697116434413.png

And you can specify a target table schema in table setting.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @john_wang

I don't run the task with Full Load but I run the task with Apply Change. The task runs successfully, but when I insert data to source table it shows such error

DuongNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @john_wang Can you help me, I really need it.

DuongNguyen_2-1697166528964.png

I add "exception_table_enabled":false in common_settings, error is Handling new table failed.

DuongNguyen_1-1697166328570.png

but I remove "exception_table_enabled":false, error is Cannot create exception table

DuongNguyen_0-1697166298216.png

I run task with  Apply Change, it is not FullLoad, but i check table, it is exists.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

Thanks for the clarification. please allow me some time , I will try to reproduce the behavior in my labs and understand the error further. Will get back to you later.

BTW, if you need to move the PoC forward quickly, it's better to reach out to your account manager and work with pre-sales team.

Regards,

John.

john_wang
Support
Support

HI @DuongNguyen ,

Sure thing, I will try my best to get back to you in EOD.

Regards,

John.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DuongNguyen ,

I've done some research, I'm afraid we still need some more investigation on the DB2i Target. To move the PoC forward quickly, I strongly suggest you talk to your account manager for help.

Good luck and Best Regards,

John.