Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MdFazil
Partner - Contributor III

How to set Qlik replicate to map an existing table for a new CDC source table

How to set Qlik replicate to map an existing table for a new CDC source table. how does it behave when the to be mapped table or column names are slightly different

Regards
Fazil M

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Fazil M@MdFazil 
I think you are talking about 2 different questions.
1- How to map the columns between source and target tables
2- How to map the source table and target table especially if the target table contains some data

Well, for Question 1, you may change the column name in the table settings. In below sample we overwrite the column name to LOCATION, so far we map the source column ADDRESS to column LOCATION in target.

john_wang_0-1709210969716.png

Q2, we may rename the target table in table settings level , or global level, For example in table level, the source table SCOTT.TESTDDL map to target side DBO.FINALDDL.

john_wang_1-1709211153585.png

If the target side table contains existing data and you want to keep it, there are some options for the Target Table Preparation in task settings.

john_wang_2-1709211503747.png

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Kent_Feng
Support
Support

Hi @MdFazil 

I think you are asking how to map a source table to an existing target table to capture changes.

Just like what @john_wang instructed, map the source table to your existing table by giving the exact target schema name and table name, then in Transform tab, make sure to rename the column to match the column name of your exiting target table. You can also just select the columns you need, for example, you have 5 columns in source, you can just select 3 and rename them to match your target table column name.

Thanks

Kent

*** Greetings from Down Under ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Fazil M@MdFazil 
I think you are talking about 2 different questions.
1- How to map the columns between source and target tables
2- How to map the source table and target table especially if the target table contains some data

Well, for Question 1, you may change the column name in the table settings. In below sample we overwrite the column name to LOCATION, so far we map the source column ADDRESS to column LOCATION in target.

john_wang_0-1709210969716.png

Q2, we may rename the target table in table settings level , or global level, For example in table level, the source table SCOTT.TESTDDL map to target side DBO.FINALDDL.

john_wang_1-1709211153585.png

If the target side table contains existing data and you want to keep it, there are some options for the Target Table Preparation in task settings.

john_wang_2-1709211503747.png

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Kent_Feng
Support
Support

Hi @MdFazil 

I think you are asking how to map a source table to an existing target table to capture changes.

Just like what @john_wang instructed, map the source table to your existing table by giving the exact target schema name and table name, then in Transform tab, make sure to rename the column to match the column name of your exiting target table. You can also just select the columns you need, for example, you have 5 columns in source, you can just select 3 and rename them to match your target table column name.

Thanks

Kent

*** Greetings from Down Under ***
MdFazil
Author

Hello @john_wang ,
thank you for the reply,

question 2 is what I want to ask, and thank you for the clarification. I have One more doubt regarding this. how does it behave when the source table or column names are slightly different. Thanks

Regards,
Fazil M

MdFazil
Author

Hello @Kent_Feng ,
Thank yo for the reply,

You are right, and that is what I want to know. Thank you for the clarification

Regards
Fazil M

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @MdFazil ,

Thanks for the feedback. Qlik Replicate supports the object identifier (table name, column name, PK or Unique Index name etc) mapping. The object identifier difference is not a challenge in Qlik Replicate and it's pretty easy to implement. Feel free to let us know if you need any additional information.

Regards,

John.

MdFazil
Author

Hi @john_wang , Thank you for the reply.

I got clarified, Thank you

Regards
Fazil M

john_wang
Support
Support

Thank you so much for your support @MdFazil !