Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AhmadNCR
Contributor
Contributor

No Teradata driver were found

Qlik Replicate 

i have an issue where i can't connect to Teradata as a source using ODBC, 
OS is RHEL

ODBC version is 17.20

i get the error "No Teradata driver were found"

i found an old question regarding the same error here but it was not helpful as when setting the internal parameter "driver" to 

Teradata Database ODBC Driver 17.20

i get the error

Driver '(null)' is not installed.

and i can't set the parameter "Provide" for some reason
all instructions here were followed carefully and service was restarted
any help?

thanks already

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @AhmadNCR ,

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, for Teradata SOURCE endpoint, the internal parameter is "driver" (rather than "provider"). Could you please confirm if the 64-bit Teradata ODBC Driver is installed? Please take note that 32-bit ODBC Driver is not supported.

If 64-bit ODBC Client is installed, please check the file "/etc/odbcinst.ini". In my below sample, this is value (in red) should put to "driver" (need to restart the services if the settings are changed):

[root@qlik etc]# cat odbcinst.ini
[Teradata Database ODBC Driver 17.10]
Description=Teradata Database ODBC Driver 17.10
Driver=/opt/teradata/client/17.10/odbc_64/lib/tdataodbc_sb64.so
CPTimeout=60

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

If Suggested option didn't work for you then request, you to share QR version and  Linux version along with the ODBC version you are using.

also provide 

cat site_arep_login.sh

under < Qlik replicate INSttaltion /bin >

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

View solution in original post

3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @AhmadNCR ,

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, for Teradata SOURCE endpoint, the internal parameter is "driver" (rather than "provider"). Could you please confirm if the 64-bit Teradata ODBC Driver is installed? Please take note that 32-bit ODBC Driver is not supported.

If 64-bit ODBC Client is installed, please check the file "/etc/odbcinst.ini". In my below sample, this is value (in red) should put to "driver" (need to restart the services if the settings are changed):

[root@qlik etc]# cat odbcinst.ini
[Teradata Database ODBC Driver 17.10]
Description=Teradata Database ODBC Driver 17.10
Driver=/opt/teradata/client/17.10/odbc_64/lib/tdataodbc_sb64.so
CPTimeout=60

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

If Suggested option didn't work for you then request, you to share QR version and  Linux version along with the ODBC version you are using.

also provide 

cat site_arep_login.sh

under < Qlik replicate INSttaltion /bin >

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

AhmadNCR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks everyone, source issue is resolved now by following the solution provided by @john_wang , however im facing a similar issue in target, i believe i need to submit another question for it as the solution here does not apply to target,