Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewbieQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Oracle 19.14

Does 2021.5.0.1272 replicate version supports Oracle 19.14?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @NewbieQlik ,

Yes, Oracle 19.x is supported in both Source and Target endpoints.

See more information in Replicate 2021.5 Supported source endpoints  .

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @NewbieQlik ,

Yes, Oracle 19.x is supported in both Source and Target endpoints.

See more information in Replicate 2021.5 Supported source endpoints  .

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
NewbieQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the clarification @john_wang .I ran into an issue where the DDL changes for some of the existing tables haven't capture by replicate CDC task. The CDC task was in stopped mode while the oracle deployment was going on and after the deployment is completed I started the task using Advanced run option where I specified the SCN. The intention to start the replicate task using SCN was that I need the task to go through the dummy full load so it will capture the metadata changes.

But for some reason it didn't capture the DDL changes.  We had multiple deployments in the past and in all those time we were doing the same but we never had this problem. But this time the only difference is oracle was upgraded from Oracle 19.12 to 19.14.

The sequence of events are

1. Deployed the DDL changes for the existing tables

2. Upgraded the oracle.

3. Started the CDC task using SCN

So wanted to understand why replicate didnt capture the DDL changes?

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @NewbieQlik ,

You may try to compare the 2 Redo Logs access modes,  "Oracle LogMiner" vs. "Replicate Log Reader" see if any difference. It's just for troubleshooting purpose.

However it's a bit hard to tell the reason because too many factors may lead the behavior. I'd like to suggest you open a support case and attach below information for further investigation (do not attach above in this community as verbose log files may contain your sensitive information):

1. The table creation DDL (before the deployment ), and what's the DDL changes made before the Oracle upgrading. Note we need the complete information about it, include the PK/Index information, compression method of the table etc. Any DDL changes on the table is helpful.

2. Set task SOURCE_UNLOAD/SOURCE_CAPTURE/TARGET_APPLY to Verbose and re-run the task from the given SCN

3. Attach the task Diag Packages

4. Decrypt verbose-task-log  and attach it to the case (please decrypt it before you attach it to case).

To make the task log easier to read, please create a test task with 1 table only.

We may require additional information based on analysis .

Regards,

John.

NewbieQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sure @john_wang  I will create a support case and attach all the necessary information. 

I am trying to reproduce this issue in lower environment and I noticed that when I select advanced run option where I select "Source change position (e.g. SCN or LSN):" I see a warning message "Table metadata will not be affected." Does this have something to do with the issue that I am facing?