Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_admin_lm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Override Snowflake TIMESTAMP_TYPE_MAPPING parameter via Qlik session?

We are using Qlik Replicate to write change records to a Snowflake target.  We are wondering if there is a way to utilize the TIMESTAMP_TYPE_MAPPING session parameter in Snowflake from within our Qlik Replicate Session.  Qlik translates TIMESTAMP columns to TIMESTAMP in Snowflake and the default value for our Account for TIMESTAMP_TYPE_MAPPING is TIMESTAMP_NTZ.   Wondering if it's possible to set the session parameter to TIMESTAMP_LTZ in the Qlik target endpoint somehow.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @qlik_admin_lm ,

You are right. you may execute set clause in afterConnectScript .

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @qlik_admin_lm ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

If my memory serves me well, Qlik Replicate map the DATETIME in source DB to TIMESTAMP_NTZ(6) in Snowflake, this is the default setting.

If you still want to change the data type mapping, there are many options:

1. Utilizes the Global Transformation or table level transformation

2. Change the syntax, this is the example for MySQL. You may apply the similar datatype mapping in Snowflake

3. Execute "ALTER SESSION" clause in Qlik Replicate session

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
qlik_admin_lm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply John,

Can you tell me how to execute an "ALTER SESSION" from Qlik Replicate.  That is what I'm trying to understand.

Thanks.

qlik_admin_lm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Looks like I need to use the afterConnectScript Internal parameter?

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @qlik_admin_lm ,

You are right. you may execute set clause in afterConnectScript .

Regards,

John.