Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guilherme-matte
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Replicate - Not Enough Resources Available to Process the command

Hello Team!

I've been running about 16 Tasks (3 logstreams) and whenever starting the 17th I've been facing with the following errors:

guilhermematte_2-1689912813903.png

guilhermematte_1-1689912766590.png

It usually starts by a sequence of: The task stopped abnormally. Also the green arrow next to the task changes for the orange circle for some time.

The task runs for some seconds, then I receive the message on the prints. If I restart the task, sometimes another not related task fails and i received this same message.  Is this related to memory of the server? Are these fails to another not related task because of the RAM availability? 

I do not have much information about the server specs (asked for it already).

Currently using Replicate: November 2022 (2022.11.0.208)

Also sending the LOG of the task I'm trying to run and failing.

Kind Regards!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @guilherme-matte ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik community

Could you please verify disk space availability and Check System Resource Usage, Monitor the system's resource usage (CPU, memory, disk space, etc.) to identify if any resource is excessively utilized

Also, please consider the below points for task levels

In some scenarios, tasks configured to replicate tables with multiple LOB columns may consume a large amount of memory. This is because Replicate allocates memory by multiplying the Limit LOB size to value by the Commit rate during full load value, the sum of which, it multiplies by the number of LOB columns being replicated. So, for example, if LOB size is limited to 5 MB and the default commit rate is used (10000 events), a task replicating 6 LOB columns will consume 30 GB of memory. Note that other factors such as the database type and version may also affect memory consumption.

Should you encounter memory consumption issues and suspect that a combination of the above factors may be the cause

Regards,

Sachin B

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @guilherme-matte ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik community

Could you please verify disk space availability and Check System Resource Usage, Monitor the system's resource usage (CPU, memory, disk space, etc.) to identify if any resource is excessively utilized

Also, please consider the below points for task levels

In some scenarios, tasks configured to replicate tables with multiple LOB columns may consume a large amount of memory. This is because Replicate allocates memory by multiplying the Limit LOB size to value by the Commit rate during full load value, the sum of which, it multiplies by the number of LOB columns being replicated. So, for example, if LOB size is limited to 5 MB and the default commit rate is used (10000 events), a task replicating 6 LOB columns will consume 30 GB of memory. Note that other factors such as the database type and version may also affect memory consumption.

Should you encounter memory consumption issues and suspect that a combination of the above factors may be the cause

Regards,

Sachin B

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @guilherme-matte ,

The attached file was removed from the article because the community is public to everyone. The task log file may contain confidential information.

If Diag Packages, or task log files are necessary, please open support ticket in Salesforce system. Or obfuscating sensitive information as needed and then attaching it here.

Thanks,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
guilherme-matte
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply @SachinB , 

One thing is, the existing tasks that have completed the full load and now are running on the CDC. They are still influenced by the full load parameters and not the CDC? So those tasks that during the full load allocated 30 GB of memory will still be consuming this much?

I ask because all tasks are on CDC, so I'm not sure whether tuning down the Full load parameters will impact the memory used for those or i do need to change the CDC settings?

Kind Regards! 

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Request you raise a Support case and  upload the diagnostic package attached the relevant info/files to the case.

Please refer to Replicate https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-collect-Diagnostics-Package-from-Qlik-Replicate/ta-p/...

post analysis we would confirm about any suggestions.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar