Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinodn1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik replicate Kafka as a Target end point

Facing below issue while configuring Kafka as a target, Kafka using the SASL_Plaintext 

00007786: 2023-10-25T20:46:13 [SERVER ]I: Target endpoint 'Kafka' is using provider syntax 'KafkaSyntax' (provider_syntax_manager.c:955)
00007786: 2023-10-25T20:46:13 [SERVER ]I: kafka client version: 1.5.2 (queue_imp.c:1411)
00007786: 2023-10-25T20:46:23 [SERVER ]E: Failed to get Kafka metadata: Local: Broker transport failure. _TRANSPORT [1020401] (kafka_client.c:437)

When I connect with kafka libraries to the same kafka, it is working fine. Not sure what is the issue with the Replicate.
Labels (1)
4 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @vinodn1989 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Qlik community!

Could you please verify that ssl.ca.location is correctly configured, or root CA certificates are installed (add broker's CA certificate to the Windows Root certificate store)

Could you please add broker's CA certificate to the Windows Root certificate store? You need to put the cert file on the Replicate installation server and refer to the .pem at the CA path field.

After updating the EP settings with the above-mentioned, you need to restart the task or stop and resume so the changes will take effect. but first I suggest testing the connection using the test connection button.

Refer the below link for the same.

Qlik Replicate: Target Connection Failure at Kafka... - Qlik Community - 2077846

If still issue is not resolved, we would suggest you open the support ticket, and our support team will suggest by analyzing the below parameters. 

-INFRASTRUCTURE
-server
-source_capture.
-target_load
-target_apply

Regards,

Sachin B

Jon_Donker
Creator
Creator

Maybe try bumping up the logging level on Target Load and Target Apply to "Trace".  It might give you a clue which particular section it is failing on.  

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @vinodn1989 ,

If your brokers are using SASL_Plaintext  then I do not think the issue is relevant to certificate. Is this a fresh environment? what's the listeners setting in "server. properties"? Please try to add the server IP Address in the listeners, for example:

listeners=PLAINTEXT://192.168.33.175:9092

where 192.168.33.175 is the broker IP Address. It's needed in some Kafka versions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
vinodn1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@SachinB No CA certificates were provided, I am using confluent kafka cluster.

@john_wang I am using confluent kafka cluster. I am not sure if can i modify broker config, checking on that.