cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suvbin
Creator II
Creator II

Rename the control tables

Can we rename the control table names . at present its showing like attrep_apply_exceptions.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PGN
Creator II
Creator II

As I noted in my first response, under Task Settings you can only control the target schema, not the actual name of the table.  It needs to be specified in order to override the default target schema.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PGN
Creator II
Creator II

You can change the schema under task settings, but you cannot change the table names.
suvbin
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi PGN, thank you for the reply, am not talking about the target schema name.  So when the table is replicated in to the target side. Then there is another schema will be created  with the name  attrep_apply_exception along with the target schema.

PGN
Creator II
Creator II

As I noted in my first response, under Task Settings you can only control the target schema, not the actual name of the table.  It needs to be specified in order to override the default target schema.

iFahm
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

We can't change the control tables names.... and if this is good, you could suggest an idea to https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

regards,

iFahm

AnneVo
Contributor II
Contributor II

I opened a case with Qlik Support, and here's the instruction for Kafka target:

You can rename the attrep_apply_exceptions topic by exporting your task json, edit the following lines, and import back:

"exception_table_settings": {
"table_name": "dev.tm.attrep_apply_exceptions"
},

This will rename the topic to dev.tm.attrep_apply_exceptions.

I successfully import the task back in Replicate server, but don't know how to validate/test that the new name would be used.

Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

We have used this option successfully.

AnneVo
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do you force an error such that Replicate will need to write to the attrep_apply_exceptions table ?   We want to make sure that the new name is used, ie. if the topic/table doesn't exist (no auto-create), the task will stop with an error written to the log, hopefully will include the modified name of the exception table.

Thanks

AnneVo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Support provided the following test scenario (with Kafka target)

Steps:

1) Create a CDC only (make sure FL off) test task with your same source and kafka as a target
2) Select a test table and add a transformation column to the Output side with the following:
Name
$partition
Type
NUMERIC(18,0)
Fx
for fx when you click fx icon, enter the value 11 in the first box ( Build expression for column $partition)

3) Save the task
4) Manually create a new test exceptions topic
5) Do the export/update the exceptions topic with new value from #5/ import the task (see prior post for instructions how to do this)
6) Start processing
7) Once it is running, insert two records on the source side table.
😎 Data error will be generated and data will be written to exceptions topic.

I tested the  2 scenarios with and without the exceptions table (step 4):

1) Exception table exists:    Error data are written to the table

2)  Exceptions topic doesn't exist:   Task stopped due to unknown topic (but the message doesn't specify the topic name).