Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ag072023
Contributor II
Contributor II

Replicate task keeps waiting for first 20-25 mins before starting to read journal from source endpoint i-series database

I have a qlik replicate task that replicate data from i-series as source endpoint to SQL server as target endpoint.

I am seeing following message in log files. Tasks keep waiting for 20-30 mins before it starts replicating data. I am not able to figure out why it is waiting for 20-30 mins before replicating data.

Qlik replicate version : May 2023

[SORTER_STORAGE ]V: Updating transaction storage status, iNonDummyForwardedTransactions = 0 (transaction_storage.c:6632)
[SORTER_STORAGE ]V: Finding oldest transaction in memory, #TransactionBuffers = 0, #ForwardedTransactionBuffers = 0, #TableBuffers = 0 (transaction_storage.c:2904)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ag072023 ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

Seems in some DB2i system, the journal validation or other system tables access take long time. Would you please turn on "Skip Journal Validation" and try again?

john_wang_0-1709301416467.png

BTW, you may turn of one of the option, Full Load, or Change Processing to know the issue occurs in which stage.

john_wang_2-1709301621430.png

If the problem persists, please open a support ticket with SOURCE_UNLOAD/SOURCE_CAPTURE to Verbose and attach the Diag Package, we will check for you.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ag072023 ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

Seems in some DB2i system, the journal validation or other system tables access take long time. Would you please turn on "Skip Journal Validation" and try again?

john_wang_0-1709301416467.png

BTW, you may turn of one of the option, Full Load, or Change Processing to know the issue occurs in which stage.

john_wang_2-1709301621430.png

If the problem persists, please open a support ticket with SOURCE_UNLOAD/SOURCE_CAPTURE to Verbose and attach the Diag Package, we will check for you.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ag072023
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Option 'Skip journal validation' is already turned off. changing it into FULL load runs fine. However, stopping and resuming task waits for 20-25 mins to read from memory.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ag072023 ,

I've got other articles about the same issue, see:

Qlik Replicate DB2 iSeries Source: Task takes a long time to start

qlik replicate - unable to proceed from main loop execution

Good luck,

John.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ag072023 ,

Option 'Skip journal validation' is already turned off

The option should be ticked to enable 'Skip journal validation'.

Any clue in task log file if set to Verbose?

thanks,

John.

ag072023
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Let me enable 'Skip journal validation' and test it.

task log file is not set to Verbose.

ag072023
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @john_wang . enabling 'Skip Journal validation' resolved the issue.

john_wang
Support
Support

Glad to hear that @ag072023 , thank you so much for the feedback!

Do you mind to mark "Accept as Solution" to help other users to find the answer easier.

Have a nice weekend,

John.