Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangeetha96
Contributor
Contributor

Requesting License for Qlik replicate express edition

Hi team,

I am using qlik replicate express edition in my local machine.I am trying to source the data from oracle db and push the data to kafka topic via qlik replicate console.I am able to establish the test connection for oracle and confluent cloud but, the express edition doesn't support confluent cloud so, I am unable to run that task. Kindly help me with the license.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sangeetha96 ,

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

Not sure if you are preparing a PoC or if you owned a production license. By default Qlik Replicate provides an Expression License, if you need short term test or PoC license, please contact your account manager, or Sales representative. Or you may reaching out to Qlik by Contact Us .

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
deepaksahirwar
Creator II
Creator II

Dear @sangeetha96 ,

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

You've encountered a limitation of the Qlik Replicate Express Edition: it doesn't support connections to Confluent Cloud as a target endpoint. This restriction is common for free or trial versions of software, encouraging users to upgrade to full-featured paid editions when their needs exceed the limitations.

Possible Solutions:
1. Upgrading to a Qlik Replicate paid edition:

Consider exploring paid editions of Qlik Replicate that do support Confluent Cloud as a target. This would allow you to complete your desired task of replicating data from Oracle to Kafka via Confluent Cloud.
Contact Qlik sales or a reputable Qlik partner for pricing and license options that best suit your needs.

2. Exploring alternative replication options:

While Qlik Replicate Express Edition cannot connect to Confluent Cloud, other free or open-source data replication tools might support your specific requirements. Research alternatives like Apache Kafka Connect or Debezium for Oracle that might handle the Oracle to Kafka replication with Confluent Cloud.
This option might require additional learning and configuration effort, but could be a viable alternative if upgrading Qlik Replicate is not feasible.

3. Adjusting your target setup:

If Confluent Cloud is not essential, consider exploring other Kafka implementations on-premises or on a different cloud platform that Qlik Replicate Express Edition does support. This could involve setting up your own Kafka cluster or connecting to a compatible managed Kafka service offered by another provider.

4. Communication with Qlik Support:
If you need further assistance understanding your Qlik Replicate Express Edition limitations or exploring alternative solutions, consider reaching out to Qlik support for official guidance and recommendations. They can provide in-depth information about specific features and compatibility of different editions.

By evaluating these options and choosing the best approach for your situation, you can overcome the current limitation of the Qlik Replicate Express Edition and successfully establish your desired data replication process.

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer

Best Regards,

Deepak 

sangeetha96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @john_wang 

Doing this POC for the project which i'm working on.It would be great is there a way to share express edition license .

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Now express Edition you can test and configure oracle or SQL as Endpoint for rest you require Paid version or Enterprise edition. that can be provided by the Sales team.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sangeetha96 ,

The installation of Replicate contains an embedded Expression Edition License, however it's just for sanity ping test for a given endpoints purpose and certainly there are many other limitations with this license as well. We highly recommend you contact with Qlik Sales or pre-sales team to get proper temporary license, and Qlik team will work with you to make suer the PoC move forwards smoothly.

Good Luck withe the PoC,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar