Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III

Unable to start task using PostGres as target endpoint

Hitting errors while trying to start a new task using Postgres SQL RDS as target endpoint. The source endpoint is RDS SQL Server.

Failed to send 'START_REGULAR' command for transaction '00', start time '2024-06-06 08:22:13.410', commit lsn '000001EB00005CA70001'

I have granted "can login" and "create database" privileges to user in Qlik Replicate connection setup.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2024/Content/Replicate/Main/PostgreSQL/security_req_postgre...

Stream component 'st_0_Semarchy_DEV' terminated
Stream component failed at subtask 0, component st_0_Semarchy_DEV
Error executing command
Cannot create Exception table
Cannot create Special table
execute create table statement failed, statement CREATE TABLE "attrep_apply_exceptions" ( "TASK_NAME" VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, "TABLE_OWNER" VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, "TABLE_NAME" VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, "ERROR_TIME" TIMESTAMP NOT NULL, "STATEMENT" text NOT NULL, "ERROR" text NOT NULL )
RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 42501 NativeError: 1 Message: ERROR: permission denied for schema public;
Error while executing the query
Failed (retcode -1) to execute statement: CREATE TABLE "attrep_apply_exceptions" ( "TASK_NAME" VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, "TABLE_OWNER" VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, "TABLE_NAME" VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, "ERROR_TIME" TIMESTAMP NOT NULL, "STATEMENT" text NOT NULL, "ERROR" text NOT NULL )

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew ,

I greatly agree with @OritA , PostgreSQL will error out and tell you that you don't have permissions to create something inside the PUBLIC schema without explicitly specifying who is allowed to do that beforehand. You need to grant the privileges to Qlik Replicate endpoint user with:

GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO <QR-CDCUser>;

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have resolved this after granted the permission on public schema for Qlik user to write.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

The table attrep_apply_exception is a table created by Replicate in the target database and includes details about data errors received in the task (when they occurs) . 

As we see from the message the error that you get is due to lack of permission to the user used by Replicate to access the target database. We recommend to doublecheck the permission granted to the user. In case problem persists, please open a case in SaleForce and attach to the case the task diagnostic package so we can review the details of the setting and help solving the problem. 

Regards,

Orit

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew ,

I greatly agree with @OritA , PostgreSQL will error out and tell you that you don't have permissions to create something inside the PUBLIC schema without explicitly specifying who is allowed to do that beforehand. You need to grant the privileges to Qlik Replicate endpoint user with:

GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO <QR-CDCUser>;

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have resolved this after granted the permission on public schema for Qlik user to write.

john_wang
Support
Support

Thank you so much for your great support @desmondchew !