Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramina
Contributor II
Contributor II

Adding multiple filters to the recipients

Hello!

I have a following case: I couldn't load the recipients list from excel so I wrote this code in the editor:

Ramina_0-1721758122330.png

Everything fine - it worked: I got one Group and 3 entries for the same recipient with 3 different filters.

The problem is, when I send a report and I choose only one of the filters, I get 3 emails: 2 of them have a blank page and the third one has the report. How to avoid this? I actually ask myself, if there is a possibility to add multiple filters to a recipient? So that qlik stores it in one row.

Thank you!

Cheers

Ramina

Labels (3)
2 Replies
mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

According to the documentation here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/cloud-in-app-r...

Applying a filter at the recipient level

Filters can also be applied to specific recipients of reporting output. The filter names are added to the distribution list for each applicable recipient. Multiple filters can be associated to a single recipient in the distribution list, but each distributed report can only apply one recipient-level filter per recipient. You can still configure the report task to send more than one report to a single recipient at a time, applying a different recipient-level filter with each generated report.

For information about how recipient-level filters are handled in report file generation, see How report generation works

Frank_S
Support
Support

If your requirement is to deliver a report to a user associated with multiple filters,

1 Create and name a filter with more than one filter value.

ie: "Filter Group 2021 2022 2023" (you can give yours any name you prefer of course).

• Choose your filter dimension (Year)
  • Then select individual filter values and save

Frank_S_0-1723498591847.png

In your load script, create only 'one' entry for your user 'anor@nik.com'

Use the name of the filter you created (as per above)

This will send a single email.

Note: Only 1 entry for 'anor@nik.com' should be added to your load script and associated with filter named Filter Group 2021 2022 2023 with expected data for 2021, 2022 and 2023.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 145048.png

Upon reading your requirement, this is what it appears you are trying to achieve.

Although I have tested this using a recipient import file and it works as designed, it should work using your load script assuming accurate syntax.

Further note that when you change a filter, you need to open the report task, remove the recipient(s) with the update filter then re-add the single associated with the new filter. If you do not, the report task will fail to execute normally. This is by design.

For details see:

Report task: "Failed to send to some users."

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!