Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamhughes_ometis
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to make a selection in app during the creation of a report via Reporting Services.

Hello,

Is it possible to pass a selection to an app at the point a report is created in reporting services?

I am looping through a field value and creating a PDF output per value ok as expected, however I have objects on the sheet that are meant to show text based on selections in app. It seems the field value being used to create the PDF is not passed through like a normal selection in app so text objects are not showing as anticipated. Using additional blocks such as "select field value" do not work in this instance.

Cheers

Adam

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes! @adamhughes_ometis

In your 'add selection' block do:

'add value'

'do look up'

'choose the dimension value you wish to filter for'

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes! @adamhughes_ometis

In your 'add selection' block do:

'add value'

'do look up'

'choose the dimension value you wish to filter for'

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
adamhughes_ometis
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Frank_S , Thanks for confirming that is the right block to use. I had tried it previously but was not getting the intended results. However, upon re-examining the dashboard I noticed an error in the expression and I can confirm the above block chain does now give the intended results. 

many thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries!