Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YankoVranchev
Contributor II
Contributor II

Issue with Amharic Language Symbols Appearing as Unidentified in PDF Report

Hello Qlik Sense community,

I've encountered an issue when generating a PDF report in Qlik Sense. The problem I'm facing is that when I include text in the Amharic language within my report, the Amharic script symbols appear as unidentified or as square boxes when the PDF report is generated. This issue is impacting the readability and presentation of my reports.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems when working with non-Latin scripts like Amharic in Qlik Sense reports? If so, could you please share any insights or solutions on how to ensure that the Amharic script displays correctly in the generated PDF reports?

I'm using Qlik Cloud, and I have no issues viewing and interacting with the app in Amharic script.

Any help or guidance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @YankoVranchev , we need to investigate this as a possible product defect. Please, start a live chat with Support. referring to this Community post. Make sure to have a sample app where we can reproduce the issue handy, to speed up things. Thanks in advance!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
YankoVranchev
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sadly the bot is not letting me chat with support representative. I will keep trying.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @YankoVranchev , as an alternative you can create directly a new support case from here.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
YankoVranchev
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Can you check the link, because it seems to be a link to a news website.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@YankoVranchev sorry, corrected that!