Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saurabh_Qlik1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Loop through all items in a table and export the sheet in PDF

I have a Qlik Sense app (using SaaS enterprise cloud license) containing financial data for 100 entities. The App is connected to an Azure SQL Database via Direct Access gateway.

There are 3 sheets in the App. Sheet 1 contains a combined view of all the 100 entities. Sheets 2 and 3 contains charts and tables for one entity at a time with entity selection being done via a table placed on top of the sheet.

I am looking for a way to loop through all the 100 entities, export all 3 sheets as one single PDF for each of the entity.

Is there a way this can be achieved in the Qlik Sense Enterprise Cloud environment itself?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the post @saurabh_Qlik1 

Yes you can achieve this sheet based reporting combined with Qlik Application Automation (QAA) - see Qlik Help.  

There are templates for this use cases which will layout / blueprint the required connectors to create this flow.  The templates in QAA are found in the Reporting section -  look for the templates titled Store a report with a cover sheet and cycled pages... and Store cycled reports....  You would nest the cycled pages approach within the cycle reports approach.  

You have flexibility of delivery mechanism with SMTP or cloud file store connectors.  You can also read in a recipient list, again there are QAA templates for that as well.  

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the post @saurabh_Qlik1 

Yes you can achieve this sheet based reporting combined with Qlik Application Automation (QAA) - see Qlik Help.  

There are templates for this use cases which will layout / blueprint the required connectors to create this flow.  The templates in QAA are found in the Reporting section -  look for the templates titled Store a report with a cover sheet and cycled pages... and Store cycled reports....  You would nest the cycled pages approach within the cycle reports approach.  

You have flexibility of delivery mechanism with SMTP or cloud file store connectors.  You can also read in a recipient list, again there are QAA templates for that as well.  

Hope that helps

saurabh_Qlik1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much for your response @Andrew_Kruger

I have a follow up question: 

Is it possible to view the outputs once the automation process is completed without having to use any of the delivery mechanism you have mentioned? May be get the output PDFs to be saved somewhere within the Qlik Cloud account itself.

This is just to view and test the outputs before getting the IT approvals to set up connections with One Drive, Share Point, Mail, etc. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@saurabh_Qlik1 

I suggest that if you want to just test output, use connector like drop box.

They provide 2 GB of free storage. This could be sufficient for your testing purposes.

Personally I use this and it works wonderfully.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!