Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TROVATO
Contributor
Contributor

Section Access and Task report xls

Hi

i meet some trouble to generate the report sent on xls format.
xls plugin,Oauth about the tenant are well.

this issue concerns the Section Access based on my application ; when i desactivate the section access, i can send it but when i activate the section access, i lost the recipients list (uploaded before). Moreover, if i want to re-upload the xls template (recipient) , no success.

PS : the report send very well without Section Access and the section access seems well done.

let me know if you have a solution
Many thanks a lot

Best regards

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Have a look at this article - potentially you have an Exit Script inserted into your load script with the addition of the Section Access section?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Tabular-Reporting-General-Troubleshooti... 

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hello Trovato -  when you use the plugin against the application that has section access, does the section access work?  If you can 2x check that the plugin works against the app (with section access) than it narrows the problem to just the report task. 

If it works for your user identity then check if the report task works for you but not others. If it works for you but not others, ensure the others have 'can view' on the app/space. The reporting service will impersonate the end user (internal user) and needs rights to view the app. 

If the section access doesn't work for any of you (task or plugin), make sure the 'email' address is the same in the Section Access table as the recipient list 

EXAMPLE:

//////////////////

set hideprefix='%';

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [
   ACCESS,USER.EMAIL,%REGION
   USER,123@qlik.com,*
   USER,abc@qlik.com,AMERICAS
   USER,def@qlik.com,EMEA
   USER,ghi@qlik.com,ASIAPAC
   ];

Section Application;

RegionSales:
   LOAD * INLINE [
   Region,Sales
   Americas,100
   EMEA,200
   ASIAPAC,300];

LinkToSectionAccess:
   LOAD
   upper(Region) as %REGION,
   Region
   RESIDENT RegionSales;

ReportRecipients:
   LOAD * INLINE [
   %Recipient,%Email
   Admin,123@qlik.com
   ABC user,abc@qlik.com
   DEF user,def@qlik.com
   GHI,ghi@qlik.com
   ];

tag field %Recipient with 'DL_DISTRIBUTION_SVC__recipientName';
   tag field %Email with 'DL_DISTRIBUTION_SVC__recipientEmail';

/////////////////////

I can send you an example if you need.  As of Tuesday January 30th, you can now receive a template + app from another tenant, import the app, and now change the template to point to your copy of the app in your tenant.