Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_Cagri
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set Expression between tables not join

Hi; Can anyone advise if this is actually possible? I'm certainly struggling.

There were two different table that i don't want to join (For performans etc.).  For that i have to use set espression.

In the tables below,  want to get the total amount of customers in Table2 whose segment is commercial in Table 1.

The SQL version is;  Select sum(Cost) from Tablo2 where CostumerID in (Select CostumerID from Tablo1 where Segment = ‘Commercial’

Thanks.

Table1;

CostumerID Segment CostumerName
1 Commercial Murat
2 Commercial Hasan
3 Commercial Ece
4 Commercial Zeynep
5 Commercial Murat
6 Client Yasemin
7 Client Emirhan
8 Client Onur
9 Client Şeyma
10 Client Cansu

Table2;

CostumerID Product Cost
1 House 5000
2 Vehicle 10000
3 Gold 15000
4 FC 20000
5 House 25000
6 Vehicle 30000
7 Gold 35000
8 FC 40000
9 House 45000
10 Vehicle 50000
Labels (1)
5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Within the UI you could use an expression like:

sum({< Segment = {'Commercial'}>} Cost)

- Marcus

Qlik_Cagri
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your answer. But two table not joined.  Therefore "sum({< Segment = {'Commercial'}>} Cost)" expressions returns the entire sum, not just the commercial ones.

marcus_sommer

Both tables aren't associated per CustomerID? In some way the tables should be sensible merged or associated with each other.

- Marcus

Qlik_Cagri
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Actually it can be, but I don't prefer to associate tables because of load performance, different usage or etc.

The tables are completely different and I want to add criteria from another table without establishing any relation.

marcus_sommer

It's not really clear for me what do you want to do - the provided information is confusing and contradictory.

Adding the relevant information - which customer is in which segment - could be easily done with a global mapping or a mapping to a single segment, like:

m: mapping load CustomerID, 1 from Table1 where Segment = 'Commercial';

Table2: load *, applymap('m', CustomerID, 0) as Flag from Table2;

and later in the UI maybe:

sum(Cost * Flag) 

- Marcus