Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vivek12
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sheet subscription for previous day date filter only

Hey

I have an app with operations data for 2-3 years which reloads daily adding in new data for each day.

I need to create a daily report subscription for my users which will show only the previous day data in pdf format. I know that while creating subscriptions whatever filter selection you have , the report will be generated for that selection only

But in my case, I would need a dynamic filter selection which will show previous day selection only irrespective of the current date. 

Does anyone know the way to do this? 
I tried dynamic filtering using bookmarks or sheet actions but those are not getting reflected in the subscription . Not sure if I missed something over there . May be possible with Qlik automation but can't figure out how to set up blocks for it
Any help would be highly appreciated

Labels (4)
4 Replies
ysalvi
Contributor II
Contributor II

I guess it is possible using the Getselectcount function where if there is no date filter selected it will be by default Previous day data and else if any day is selected it will show the previous day of the selected date.

by using set analysis 

Thanks and Regards 

Vivek12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for mentioning

I forgot to mention that doing this in set analysis is not possible as per client requirement/ other constraints
Is there anyway to do it without set analysis?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would simply implement the flag in load script flagging onl;y previous day as "1" and then applying filter on that flag rather than on actual date.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the post @Vivek12  - great to see the use case.  

From a roadmap perspective we have an item to support dynamic filters in subscription definition. There are a number of priority topics that still remain ahead so can't forecast any timing.  @Lech_Miszkiewicz has a great suggestion for the time being.