Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattqlikuser
Contributor
Contributor

Tabular Reporting - Overwriting Files in Microsoft SharePoint

Hello,

I am trying to send a report using tabular reporting to a SharePoint location and then overwrite the exisiting file that was there. I have been running into issues due to the "Output" having a unique timestamp format. Is there any way to make this possible? 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I think we could use QAA to delete the existing file(s) in the sharepoint location using the QAA Sharepoint connector and the 'delete file' block. The same QAA could trigger the reload of a Qlik app (which can automatically trigger the report-task execution).  Would that work? 

There is no native feature to overwrite the report in sharepoint using the report task features alone unfortunately. 

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Just FYI I did some testing and the QAA approach would work

JonnyPoole_0-1708100406914.png

1. Configure a report task to execute when the app is reloaded.

2. Use QAA to list reports that are found in a sharepoint folder (the same destination folder for the report task)

3. In the automation, delete any files with the same naming convention as the report defined in the report task

3. As a final step in the automation, trigger a reload of the Qlik Sense App  

mattqlikuser
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried something similar to this, but ended up utlizing "Label" and "Go to Label" Blocks due to when the tabular report gets sent to SharePoint, it will not give it enough time to rename the file after you delete the orginal one.