Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeneSoender
Contributor
Contributor

What's the maximum dataset size that can be profiled?

What's the maximum size a dataset size that can be profiled? I'm getting the error "Profile computation is not supported for this dataset. The dataset size exceeds the maximum limit." when looking at my QVD file. It's 2.62 GB and this is with Qlik Cloud.

LeneSoender_0-1651096787162.png

Thanks for your help!

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The only limit I've heard about is the in memory limitation. For Qlik Sense  Enterprise  SaaS the limit is 5 GB. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/sense-capac...

It is not the size og your QVD file, but how much your app uses when data is loading/is loaded. Maybe your profiling consumes more than 5 GB and that's why your profiling breaks.

stephilippou
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Vegar,

Thanks for your response! I work with @LeneSoender and I'm seeing the app that we're using this QVD, and only this QVD, in is using 2.7 GB in memory. Both the QVD file size and the Qlik app memory seem well below the 5 GB size limit you mention. Any other ideas? Do you know if it's a sum of both the app memory and the QVD size?

stephilippou_0-1651157373189.png

Thanks again,

Stephen

Vegar
MVP
MVP

No the QVD is just a data source holding the data before you load it into your application. After the script is run there is no physical relation between the qvd file and app.

There might be something in the profiling that is causing this. Maybe you should consider creating a support case on this?