Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saurabh_Qlik1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Workaround for 200 page per PDF print limit in Qlik Reporting

I have a Qlik Sense app containing financial data for 500 entities (the number of entities can vary). 

There are 2 sheets in the App containing charts and tables for one entity at a time with entity selection being done via a table placed on top of the sheet.

I am looking for a way to loop through all the 500 entities and print 2 sheets for each of the entity into one single PDF file. The resulting PDF would contain 1000 pages. 

I tried using Qlik Reporting via Application Automation (QAA) to achieve this but it has a limit of 200 pages per PDF. 

Is there a way to print the PDFs in a batch of 200, i.e. generate 5 PDFs of 200 pages each which I can later combine manually?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can add a key into the data model that creates a different key value every 100 entities (100 x 2 pages each = 200) and then loop and filter on the key to produce as many 200 page reports as needed in QAA.  

Another method is to try tabular reports which as of yesterday supports PDF format.  You can add a 'page' (using Entity) to your excel template so that it paginates each entity. You put content for both sheets on 1 excel sheet and position it vertically so the content for the 2nd page is vertically lower than the content for the first page.   I don't see a 200 page limit for tabular reports and I was able to create PDF with 800+ pages just now. There is a limit of 1000 images per report  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/Reporting-serv...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can add a key into the data model that creates a different key value every 100 entities (100 x 2 pages each = 200) and then loop and filter on the key to produce as many 200 page reports as needed in QAA.  

Another method is to try tabular reports which as of yesterday supports PDF format.  You can add a 'page' (using Entity) to your excel template so that it paginates each entity. You put content for both sheets on 1 excel sheet and position it vertically so the content for the 2nd page is vertically lower than the content for the first page.   I don't see a 200 page limit for tabular reports and I was able to create PDF with 800+ pages just now. There is a limit of 1000 images per report  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/Reporting-serv...