Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Improving Governance / Monitoring Apps in Sense (Operations Monitor, License Monitor)

Calling all Qlik Sense user, admins, and experts -

As the developer of the Monitoring apps (Operations Monitor and License Monitor), I am continually seeking insightful feedback and input from the field. I want the apps to provide the most value possible, so I ask your help.

For all who have installed and used Qlik Sense - specifically the QMC - what is your impression of the Monitoring (aka Governance) apps? Do you use them? If so, why? What is valuable to you?

What is missing?

What is unclear?

Anything unhelpful that could be cleaned up?

If you do not use them, why not?

I appreciate your time and thought!

Thanks! Gracias! Obrigado! Tack!

Tyler

Closed conversation - please refer to Qlik Monitoring and Administration topic group (QlikCommunity) 

40 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Some screen shots

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 11.20.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 11.22.02 AM.png

Those are default pages in the app.

You could write some expressions as well to accumulate login access pass usage over a rolling 28-day period (the renewal rate) with the existing data in Sense 2.x.

A basic pivot table with Login Access Rule as row dimension, Date as column dimension, and count({<[Access Type]={'Login Access'}>} distinct UsageId) as measure -- would give you an idea of daily usage.

Or take it further by replacing the measure with Sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total count({<[Access Type]={'Login Access'},Date=>} distinct UsageId),0,28)),Date)).

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 11.42.14 AM.png

The above measure has the limitation that it will be incorrectly high when not all Dates have login access usage data (because it just goes back 28 "date" columns in the chart. However, this is pretty slick - something I should add to the next release!

Not applicable

Thanks Tyler. Now that I've had a chance to upgrade our test environment from 2.x to 3.x, I'll explore the layout of these new monitoring apps a bit more and see what I can come up with to help get that final piece of knowing when the next token is to be available.

Thanks again!

Not applicable

Hi Tyler,

Is there any way to find out the Qliksense active users and  apps . I try to get it from Audit log. do you have any inputs?

Regards,

Gopal

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Unfortunately not. This is definitely on my "Wish List"...

Not applicable

I believe this has already been mentioned but just to reiterate, we need a way to track sheet usage by user.  Sessions and application information does not provide enough detail as to if the user is using the entire application properly and consistently enough.

Thanks!

Kyle

poonam_kulwal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for such a nice work.

I want to modify Operation Monitoring app so that I can see logs of QMC task reload in QS app.

QMC has one log for each task reload (most recent reload) and there is no way we can get information/logs for historical reloads.

See attached pic. I want to pull highlighted log messages in QS Operation Monitoring app (also historical logs).

QS has PostgreSQL DB in background where all data from QS QMC gets store. Qlik have provided different data connections, with default Monitoring Apps, to connect to different data sources.

I played with “qrs_task” data connection to see log message related information. I am able to get details for all fields which are visible in screen shot but unable to get information for Log messages.

Can you provide some idea on this?

Thanks,

Log.png

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

poonam.kulwal Check out the Reloads Monitor app, which includes history about task reloads, including intermediate steps.

You can learn more here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/Monitoring/Content/ReloadsMonitor/Reloads-...

poonam_kulwal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Tyler,

I configured Reload Monitor app and this app is serving my purpose.

Thanks for you response.

Regards,

Poonam

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

All - please create new discussions or questions you have about the Monitor Apps in Sense rather than posting to this now almost two-year-old posting.

Thanks!

Tyler

BITeamNL
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Tyler, 

Thanks for posting your message. I use the license and operations monitor quite often. At my work there are ofcourse employees entering and leaving the company. Sometimes it is hard to Can I somewhere find a list with all the people that have a Qlik license and which people have a token license or a full license? At the moment I can only see only the people that have logged into Qlik a while ago. 

Also is it possible to see to which streams the people have access to (in Dev, Test and Prod)? 

Thank you for your help! 

Björn