Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More

SaaS Enablement (Part 3 - APIs)

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

SaaS Enablement (Part 3 - APIs)

Last Update:

Apr 7, 2021 8:40:45 AM

Updated By:

Dalton_Ruer

Created date:

Apr 7, 2021 8:40:45 AM

When I was a young whipper snapper I constantly asked vendors "what's inside your box?"

The problem when people ask "What is inside the box" about Qlik Sense is that it is built on an Open API. Which means there is no box. If you want to extend what Qlik Sense can do with visual extensions or server side extensions  you can. If you want to extend the reach of how insights from Qlik are consumed you can. 

Many have told me that they like the use cases that Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS offers, but are afraid that they lose the ability to consume Qlik in their native applications. Well my friends they have lost sleep for no reason at all. 

You see the same great "there are no limits" expression for Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows exists for your shiny new SaaS environment as well. Best part is the documentation is all available to help you with your journey via Qlik.Dev

In my video I will demonstrate:

1. How to use the API commands you see documented in Qlik.Dev right at the command line. 

2. Show you how to use the API interface from within Qlik Sense via the REST API connection type. 

3. Show you how to create an API Key via the Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS Management Console that enables you to communicate with the API from your application. 

As a bonus, I point you to a resource you may not have known existed called "The Application Analyzer for Qlik SaaS." That's right I walk you through how to obtain it, modify it to add your API Key and show you how to understand exactly what it does. Just click here for full details, including a video to understand the application and link to downlo...

Labels (3)
Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-04-07 08:40 AM
Updated by: