Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Showing support message on top of the Qlik Sense HUB (forcing update client-side)

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huberto
Creator
Creator

Showing support message on top of the Qlik Sense HUB (forcing update client-side)

Last Update:

May 2, 2020 7:29:49 PM

Updated By:

Huberto

Created date:

May 2, 2020 7:29:49 PM

Attachments

Communication is a key point for any project and failing to do it may compromise your success.

Having this in mind, I dedicated some time to find out a way to display a message on the Qlik Sense HUB and make sure that all users would be able to see that.

Thanks to @j_twardziak  and his post Showing support message on top of the Qlik Sense Hub page, my target was accomplished.

However, when I implemented my version, I realized that the header message was not being displayed on the HUB unless CTRL + F5 was pressed (a normal behavior for web). Then, how do you communicate with your users if they didn't receive the message?

In the document attached, I shared step by step how to implement a header message (my version) on the Qlik Sense HUB and what needs to be changed in order to force the client-side to be updated. Before doing any changes, ALWAYS make a backup of the files.

Here is how it looks like.

Header Message.png

Although I didn't have implemented @berndjaegle 's suggestion, he explains how to add an URL to the header message in the original post.

Qlik Sense environment

• Qlik Sense Enterprise June 2019 Patch 1.
  • Multi-node environment.
  • Qlik Sense Repository Database is located in the central node server.

IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that the changes shared here are not supported by Qlik.

Best regards,

Huberto Pereira Haidemann

Comments
lfetensini
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Excelente dica Huberto. Muito grato por ter compartilhado!

0 Likes
SwapneelGolapkar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there a way to embed links / urls in the banner.?

0 Likes
Huberto
Creator
Creator

Hi @SwapneelGolapkar,

I myself never tried but when working on the implementation above, I read something about it.

Unfortunately, I don't have the information in hands to point it out to you. I believe I found that information in the chat after the main post.

Sorry for not having a better answer.

Regards,

Huberto Pereira Haideman

0 Likes
balajim1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @SwapneelGolapkar 

I hope you are doing well.

Did you find any  option to embed URL?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Balaji

0 Likes
SwapneelGolapkar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @balajim1,

We couldnt embed the URL.

But rather submitted idea for this implementation to Qlik. Custom URLs in Banner.

And it was picked for implementation.

Regards,

Swapneel

balajim1
Contributor II
Contributor II

@SwapneelGolapkar 

Thank you for your update.

Dear @Huberto 

Greetings for the day!

I tried to add a pop-up message to the Qlik Sense Aug 2022 SR2 Qlik Sense Hub but I don't see similar code in the hub.css file when comparing it with Qlik Sense June 2021 hub.css.

Do you have any suggestions on this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Balaji

0 Likes
Huberto
Creator
Creator

Hello @balajim1,

Sorry for not having the answer to your question. Unfortunately, I didn’t test it in the recent Qlik Sense versions. 
Let me know if you make any progress on this topic. If I face the same need again, I will update the post. 

Thank you and regards,

Huberto Pereira Haidemann 

0 Likes
Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2020-05-02 07:29 PM
Updated by: