This post explains how to connect to an Oracle database using the OLE DB connector and a tnsnames.ora file.Download the latest version of the Oracle D...
This post explains how to connect to an Oracle database using the OLE DB connector and a tnsnames.ora file.
- Download the latest version of the Oracle Database Client for Windows (x64). You can use this link or Google it.
- Unzip the file and double-click on setup.exe.
- Select custom installation and follow the installation instructions.
- Choose an intallation folder (E.g., C:\oracle).
- Select components Oracle Net, Oracle ODBC Driver and OLE DB.
- Click on Next and finish the installation.
- Type environment variables in Windows' search bar and open the app. Then, click on Environment variables.
- Create a user variable named TNS_ADMIN and set its value to the path of the folder where your tnsnames.ora file is located.
- Open Qlik Sense and create a new OLE DB connection. In the Data Source textbox, type the name of the connection as it is in the tnsnames.ora file.