Have you actually worked with this in Angular2+? I want to give it a try but I'm afraid I'll get deep into a project to find out that there is some incompatibility between Qlik AngularJS and Angular 6 that makes thing break. I'm more comfortable with Angular 2+, but I don't want to invest weeks of development only to find that I can work with Qlik in the same ways available using AngularJS.
First I have a question: which authentication method do you use in Qlik sense (SAML, JWT, Ticket, etc..) set up in the proxy or vitual proxy in QMC?
Then here you are some info:
- From Angular2,4,5 side (so Client side) it is not possible to create a Qlik sesson in secure way. Technically it is possible, but you always have to provide credentials (Private key, CERT etc..) to client side which is not secure so no way.
- You cannot use iFrame integration because it is not cross browser compatible anymore (IE9,10,11 does not support well)
- You can integrate a Qlik Sense Mashup into a DIV HTML tags with some hack (workaround)
- First you have to authenticate the user and Sign-in to Qlik (I cannot give you more information about the trick, sorry
- If your user is well authenticated in Qlik you can see following Cookie in the Browser:
name: the name of the Cookie set up in the proxy or virtual proxy authentication settings in QMC e.g. X-Qlik-Session
value: the session ID e.g.: 91b42818-382a-4e18-9fe8-746152b15bd4
domain: the domain name of your Qlik instance
it will be a HTTP only proxy so it is not possible to parse it from Angular, let say Client side..
- You have to create a component which DYNAMICALY loads the require.js from the Qlik server then DYNAMICALY loads the necessary CSS also from the QLIK server
(see dev-hub Mashup editor CSS, JS, HTML files for more details)
- Limitation: require.js overrides (or overloads?) some original JS framework e.g. JQuery, bootstrap.js, I don't know what else.. So MAYBE your app will lost some object because require puts it out of global scope.
Sorry to beat a dead horse here (and leave a redundant message that I posted over on Github), but...
Do you know if this will work for development of a mashup that will be run by a Qlik Sense QAP server or local desktop environment? It seems that this code is set up to work on an independent server to pull in Qlik Sense visualizations.(e.g., there is no qext file).
I'd really like to give this a try but I need a bit of hand-holding for the setup part. Once I have it ready I'd love to really work with it and help test out your developments.