Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elodie_blondel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Accesspoint - Display red message information only during maintenance time

Hello,

I've been experiencing an issue with the Qlik's tool permiting me to display a custom message on the top of my accesspoint.

I'm talking about this message :

elodie_blondel_0-1639991701900.png

I was wondering if there was a way to make this message appears only when the Qlikview server's service is down, which means, the app is currently on maintenance.

Thank you

Regards,

Fabrice P

Labels (1)
  • Other

16 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@elodie_blondel

First, if you are on 12.0 you should definitely upgrade. This version has a lot of known issues and is no longer supported.

This is definitely not the correct behavior. If you change the error back to default, does it go away in the AccessPoint?

elodie_blondel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Sorry, i meant i was under V12.50.20400.0.

Yes, if i erase my custom message from QMC, then the red box disapears on the accesspoint.

NOTE : if i stop Qlikview server without  having configured any custom message before, then this banner shows up :

elodie_blondel_0-1640192953403.png

If i set up a custom message, then it appears right after "Message: No Server"

elodie_blondel_1-1640193069799.png

And finally, if i turn up Qlikview server, the red banner stays on the page with my custom message.

elodie_blondel_2-1640193226300.png

You can see, all my apps are back because qlikview server is up.

Hope it could helps.

Regards

elodie_blondel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Sorry i meant i was using V12.50.20400.0

Yes if change the error back to default, the red banner disappears from the accesspoint.

NOTE : When i turn down Qlikview server, without having configurated any custom message on QMC, then this red banner shows up :

elodie_blondel_1-1640194807664.png

If i set a custom message, then it appears right after the sentence "Message: No Server" in the banner.

elodie_blondel_2-1640194902317.png

Finally, if i turn up Qlikview server, then the red banner stays on the top of the accesspoint, with my custom message

elodie_blondel_0-1640194759899.png

You can see all my apps are back because qlikview server works.

Hope it can helps

Regards

elodie_blondel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Sorry i meant i was using V12.50.20400.0

Yes if change the error back to default, the red banner disappears from the accesspoint.

NOTE : When i turn down Qlikview server, without having configurated any custom message on QMC, then this red banner shows up :

elodie_blondel_0-1640195213315.png

If i set a custom message, then it appears right after the sentence "Message: No Server" in the banner.

elodie_blondel_1-1640195213676.png

elodie_blondel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

@Maria_Halley 

+

Finally, if i turn up Qlikview server, then the red banner stays on the top of the accesspoint, with my custom message

elodie_blondel_0-1640195367483.png

You can see all my apps are back because qlikview server works.

Hope it can helps

Regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@elodie_blondel

I think at this point you need to create a case.

How to create a case

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @elodie_blondel !

I think there is a misunderstanding here. The "Custom system message" is not an error message. It's "a custom system message to be presented in the QlikView AccessPoint", regardless of the current server status.

A typical usage is to alert users in advance that there will be a planned outage.

The error that will appear when the server is down is always "No server". If a custom system message is defined in the QlikView Management Console (QMC), it will be appended to the "No Server" message.

Daniele_Purrone_0-1641282427752.png

So, you are able to inform users that the server is down due to a planned outage, but you'll have to do it manually.
The system will always display the custom message (which, by itself is not an error message) once it's entered in the QMC. It will just add "No Server" (the error message) when the server is actually down. This is how the product is designed.

If you have a planned outage you can:

1. alert users a few days in advance by adding the custom message
  2. once the server is down, you can edit the message to something like "this is a planned outage and it will end at HH:MM, no need to call IT and report this". Which will appear after the "No Server" error.
  3. at the end of the outage, you will need to remove the message.

If the server goes down for other reasons (e.g., an incident) you can still edit the message and add something like "we are aware of this issue and working on having the system restored, no need to contact IT" (or something that you like), which, again, will appear after "No Server". Once the problem is solved, you'll have to manually remove the message in the QMC.

I hope this clarifies it!

Should you feel that an improvement around this area is needed, please suggest and idea to our product team, so that they can investigate it. 

Have a happy new year!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.