Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoelStransky
Contributor III
Contributor III

Clear Selections not clearing Current Selections

Hi all,
We've inherited a QlikView project that we need to maintain for a little while longer until we switch to Qlik Sense. I'm very new to QlikView so I'm not as clear as I'd like to be on how it all works 🙂

We have an existing document with a set of filters on the left and a summary of the current filter selections at the top. When we clear all selections, the summary does not clear out but the filters do.

This does work when I have the .qvw open in QlikView 12. I can clear all selections or individually by clicking a 'minus' icon next to each row in the summary. But when I launch it from the Access Point, the summary section won't clear at all. Worse, the summary will persist between sessions until I manually delete (Bookmark) Server Objects via QMC. I've plenty of color and style edits to the document but this issue exists even on the original file we received.

Can someone shed some light on what might be going on and if you don't mind elaborate on the ideal methods for doing this. 
Thanks!

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @JoelStransky,

What is the full build version of QlikView Server (e.g. 12.60.20200)?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
JoelStransky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,
We are on 12.50.20400.0

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @JoelStransky,

So the Current Selections Box isn't updated when you clear selections when you have the QVW file open in QlikView Desktop, but is updated when accessing the QVW file on the AccessPoint? 

I'll test this in my lab to see if I get the same results.

Best Regards

JoelStransky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, Thanks for the link.
It actually opposite of that. It works fine when open in QlikView Desktop, but does not clear when accessing via the access point. The current selections will display the selections even between sessions until I manually delete the Server Objects for that user in QMC. Clearing selections from the UI or context menu does nothing.

Again it could be something that got detached when handing over the project where this worked at some point in time but not since we've had it.

Thanks so much for the reply.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @JoelStransky , I'm assuming you are using the AJAX client in QlikView. What happens, though, if you test using the same version of QlikView Desktop as the server (12.50.20400.0)? Do you get the same behaviour?

Also, any chance that you might have the option "Always one selected" in any of the affected charts?
Finally, what happens if you rename the .tshared file with the same name as the document and try to open  it again?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
JoelStransky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Daniele, 

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into those things and reply asap.

JoelStransky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Daniele_Purrone 
I finally had some time to look into this. We are using the same version of server and desktop (12.50.20400.0).
"Always one selected" doesn't seem to be applied anywhere.
Oddly, I had some success with your suggestion to rename the .tshared file though I don't understand what that did. 
What's confusing is a copy of the document I made a while ago also started working (clearing selections) though I hadn't renamed its .tshared

Can you explain a bit about what renaming the .tshared causes? 

Thanks!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @JoelStransky,

The .tshared files contain user created objects, bookmarks, reports and annotations. Refer to Qlik Knowledgebase article Shared Files General Information for more details.

When the .tshared file is renamed, any previous iterations of the items I listed previously are removed and you have a pristine, new .tshared file.

Best Regards

JoelStransky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply @Chip_Matejowsky. Very informative!
I'm still puzzled at how a separate copy of the document also started working when I only renamed 1 .tshared. Perhaps the server cleaned up a bad object or something when it was forced to read again?