Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbiggs
Contributor II
Contributor II

Command Line Install and Uninstall of the IE Plugin

We are trying to upgrade from version 8 to version 9. Our clients are using the IE Plugin which we would like to upgrade. Does anyone know how to uninstall and install the IE Plugin using the command line? Ideally we would like the process to be silent, without all of the prompts.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know you should be able to run the QV9 plugin silently right off the bat and it should upgrade the existing 8. Otherwise look into doing a silent uninstall first.

Here's an example for installing the QV9 Plugin:

msiexec /i C:\Folder\QvPluginSetup.msi /l*v C:\Folder\Installation_Log.txt /quiet

If you just type msiexec in a command prompt or Start > Run, you'll get information on the different switches that are used in msi packages.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know you should be able to run the QV9 plugin silently right off the bat and it should upgrade the existing 8. Otherwise look into doing a silent uninstall first.

Here's an example for installing the QV9 Plugin:

msiexec /i C:\Folder\QvPluginSetup.msi /l*v C:\Folder\Installation_Log.txt /quiet

If you just type msiexec in a command prompt or Start > Run, you'll get information on the different switches that are used in msi packages.