Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sledison
Contributor II
Contributor II

Corrupt shared files in Qlik 12.40

We are having an issues with corrupt shared files in Qlik 12.40 and we used to use the shared file repair in the Power tools, but now the repair/clean is actually wiping everything in the .shared file out so all the bookmarks and objects in the .shared file are removed.  I can no longer do a restore of the file as our backups only go back 30 days and we have been restoring the same file over and over again.  I am just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with the power tools or if there is a newer version, we have 1.32, which is the latest I found on the QLik site too.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sledison,

.Shared file cleaning functionality was added to QlikView in version 11.20 SR4, so the utility from the Power Tools is outdated.  You can find the Qlik online Help entry for cleaning the .Shared file here and also see article Shared Files - Verification and Cleaning

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sledison,

.Shared file cleaning functionality was added to QlikView in version 11.20 SR4, so the utility from the Power Tools is outdated.  You can find the Qlik online Help entry for cleaning the .Shared file here and also see article Shared Files - Verification and Cleaning

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!