Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Digital Certificate and Qlikveiw Administrator Group

Hi,

What is the difference between authentication methods Digital Certificate and Qlikview Administrator Group?

When these methods should be used?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The main use case for the Certificate Trust is when you have a DMZ environment in the user case and the service account being used on the internal servers is not available in the DMZ environment...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The main use case for the Certificate Trust is when you have a DMZ environment in the user case and the service account being used on the internal servers is not available in the DMZ environment...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
shravan
Contributor
Contributor

1) what is a DMZ environment. ?

2) IS there a way to determine from the logs to see if the current installation uses digital certificates or QV administrators group ? 

we have a plan to upgrade the environment and wanted to make sure we continue to follow the same service authentication.