Skip to main content

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Export to CSV is using semicolon instead of comma

Hi Qlik Community,

I recently upgraded from the April 2019 release to the May 2021 release in QlikView. When a user exports data from a table to a CSV file the data is being delimited with a semicolon instead of a comma. In the previous version I was able to resolve this with an update to the settings.ini file: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000064983.

However, now that doesn't seem to work. My settings.ini file still has the UseIcuForLocaleInfo=0 entry in the file but it is still using a semicolon. I have also checked the registry for sList values that are semicolons but they are all commas. Regional settings for the service account are all correctly showing that it should use a comma. 

Any other ideas on what I can check on to resolve this?

Thank you,

Chad Watson

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

@chadwatson, thanks for the information. A defect on the May 2021 release was found and it is currently being worked on by development. More information was added to the article mentioned: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/In-QlikView-November-2018-and-Later-Releases-Export-to-Excel...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@chadwatson  where in the Settings.ini file did you place the UseIcuForLocaleInfo=0 entry?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I put it near the bottom of the [Settings 7] section:

chadwatson_0-1624983463022.png

Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

@chadwatson, thanks for the information. A defect on the May 2021 release was found and it is currently being worked on by development. More information was added to the article mentioned: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/In-QlikView-November-2018-and-Later-Releases-Export-to-Excel...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂
chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Andre_Sostizzo , Thank you for posting an update on here and on the knowledge article. I look forward to the fix 🙂

VladKomarov
Partner - Contributor III

@Andre_Sostizzo , @Chadwatson, thanks for update. I am facing this issue as well.

Have just submitted a support case, will see if they will suggest another workaround. 

VK

chadwatson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Vlad, please let me know if you find one 🙂 Right now I am using NPrinting to export the data from the most important table and adding the file to a share. However, the users this functionality for many sheets, not just the one I'm using for their CSV export.

VladKomarov

Just FYI: the new bug was created (QV-22407) and my support case is showing the "Pending Bug Approval" status.

So, it might take some time for this issue to be resolved (again)....

VK