Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server

Hello, 

I am trying to activate the test liscence on a QlikView Server Installation but keep getting the error: Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server. 

I already followed a thread where I checked the right of my windows user, length of server name, blocked ports... All services are running. 

see https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Failed-to-retrieve-settings-from-QlikView-Se...

Do you have any idea what else could be necessary in order to activate my liscence?

Its on Windows Server 2019

64 bit

I am trying to activate QlikView Server May 2022 12.70

I generated a LEF text since I am not able to communicate with the internet freely. 

I did not enable Kerberos encryption because another article said it is not necessary anymore. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Verena

Labels (1)
12 Replies
VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately that didn't help. I keep getting the same error messages. 

One when I navigate to License Dialog of QlikView Server.

And one when I entered the license information.

see attachements. 

Best regards

Verena

VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi all, 

I actually solved it. 

The problem was that my Windows admin did indeed choose a servername which exceeded 15 letters. Windows does not prohibit choosing a server name that exceeds 15 letters.

When I was administering Qlik porcesses though, only 15 letters were displayed to me and hence I thought that this requirement is met.  

Thanks for all you help. 

Verena

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for sharing @VPR, great news!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer