Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catallin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filetime in QMC different from Filetime in Desktop

When I reload the qvw from Qlikview Desktop the filetime function works correctly but when I do the same reload from the QMC, the time shown is 2 hours back from the correct time.

Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks

Labels (3)
8 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

1. Are the Qlikview server and Qlikview desktop on the same machine?

2.  Have you reviewed the help for the filetime function?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/FileFun...

Catallin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Ray,

1. Yes

2. Yes, never had this problem before. The date in the filetime() function was the same as the modified date of the file in File Explorer.

Just updated the QlikView Server to May 2022 SR1, if it helps.

Ray_Strother
Support
Support

What version did you upgrade from?

Catallin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Catallin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So I just noticed in help that the function changed from May 2021 - link  to May 2022 - link . 

Now the function displays the UTC time instead of the actual time when the file was modified. Why was this changed?

This would explain why there is a difference between QlikView Desktop and QlikView Server, as the Desktop version is May 2021 SR2.

Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

1. The Qlikview Server and Desktop need to be the same version.

2.  Please review the below link and confirm things are aligned.

3. The change I believe was R&D attempt to align formats across products and logs

Catallin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I installed QV Desktop May 2022 version, I get the same results as in QV Server now. 

Even if R&D wanted to align formats, they could have simply created a new function, something like filetimeUTC(), not rewrite the original filetime() function...

Funny thing is that if I create a textbox with time(Now()) inside it, it gives me the current local time, not UTC time.. Not great when it comes to aligning formats, isn't it?

Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Here is a little more information. I don't believe. you can alter the configuration.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-and-QlikView-version-12-Logs-Time...