Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II

Installation of Qlikview in virtual server

Installation of Qlikview in virtual server

Good afternoon,

How recommendable is the next installation?

within a server of high demand is intended to have eight virtual servers, in a virtual server have Qlikview and in another virtual server Nprinting, additional to this is intended to have in other virtual servers other applications or installations of the company.

The question is how recommended is to have Qlikview and Nprinting in this way?

What would be some of the consequences in carrying out this type of installation?

Can you help me with this question please? rpc‌ , lech_miszkiewicz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I do not see any problem installing it this way; however......

When setting up your servers like thi syou need to take into account how they will interact with resources.

• QlikView Instance will require as much CPU and RAM as possible as well as fast I/O for HD. This is to ensure it will run smooth and user experience is OK. Main question is how big QV applications are going to be hosted in this environment
  • NPrinting will consume all available resources as well however it is not as much "hungry" as QlikVIew is and does require relatively small amount of CPU and RAM
  • It also depends what are the other servers meant to do.

I do not suggest to use configuration like the one you mentioned, but at the same time i can't falt it. Its performance might highly depend on VM software you are going to use which will control resources between host and VMs

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I do not see any problem installing it this way; however......

When setting up your servers like thi syou need to take into account how they will interact with resources.

• QlikView Instance will require as much CPU and RAM as possible as well as fast I/O for HD. This is to ensure it will run smooth and user experience is OK. Main question is how big QV applications are going to be hosted in this environment
  • NPrinting will consume all available resources as well however it is not as much "hungry" as QlikVIew is and does require relatively small amount of CPU and RAM
  • It also depends what are the other servers meant to do.

I do not suggest to use configuration like the one you mentioned, but at the same time i can't falt it. Its performance might highly depend on VM software you are going to use which will control resources between host and VMs

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with Lech. You are doing the right thing when you install QlikView Server and NPrinting on different machines because it is not supported to install both on the same computer.

About sizing you could check the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Performan....

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.