Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License proposal for different clients?

Hi,

I would like to check if for client1 we bought the server license including Named CALs and Document CALs, we got client2 with different project. As per my assumption, Installation would be the same and one time. Would like to check if I need to ask client2 to coordinate with client1 for Server License or how to proceed further?

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply !!!

If we can use single server for both of the clients,

Client 1 has already bought the server and license.

Can please let me know for 6 users ,how many Named CAL and how many document CAL would be required for Client 2 can ask for.

Not applicable
Author

and how the statistics is calculated.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You need to purchase the license based on the requirement of the client2, suppose if they 10 users and 5 users need to access more than 4 Dashboards and other 5 users access only 1 Dashboard then buy 5 Named CAL and 5 Document CALs.

NAMED CALS - Named CAL users can access any number of Dashboards, there is no restriction on number of Dashboards.

DOCUMENT CALS - Users with Document CAL can access only one Dashboards.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Check this file for understanding various types of CALs and how to take decision based on the users and usage.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Got it !!!

So CALs allocation depends on Number of dashboards they want to view. More than 4 dashboards means he can be assigned to Named CAL and one dashboard means one Document CAL.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes, Simple calculation is

One Document CAL = 350 USD

One Named CAL = 1500 USD

If user access more than 4 dashboards then assigning Named CAL is worth, otherwise assign Document CAL.

If you got the Answer please close this thread by giving Correct and Helpful Answers to the posts which helps you in finding the answers.

Regards,

Jagan.