Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

*Newbie - Publishing test applications on QV server

Hi All -

Im totally new to QVS. Im trying my best to use the forum, manual, etc. So far very helpful.

Ive published 2 sample apps with refresh tasks, etc. Assigned them to myself and another test user.

Now, the issue - what URL am I supposed to be hitting to access these sample apps? Like what URL is the "AccessPoint"?

I tried to use the ones the manual describes and a few that are on posts, and none work. I just want to know the URL that a user would access to hit the QV apps they are members of.

Can someone help me? Thanks!! Carissa

PS - using QV web services (not IIS version)

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Carissa and welcome to the Forums!

My last installation of server without IIS left me with a default directory of

http://server/qlikview

there I have all documents I have access to.

I think it's worth trying!

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi. thank you - yeah i did try that 😞

for that i get "the webpage cannot be found"

it seems like the sites didnt get setup during the install? I have removed/reinstalled many times.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Carissa,

First of all, if possible remove completely and do a complete fresh install of your server.

Then check in your Enterprise Management Console, System, Setup, QlikView Web Servers, "Web" tab that the folders showed in the "Root Folders" at the lower part of the right pane exist and all users have permissions to access them. This usually points to

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\Web
check that the directory exist and the files are readable.

Regards