cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aleks1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Performance drop on QV Desktop Clients since installation of KB4601319

Since the installation of the Microsoft security update KB4601319 we have noticed a significant drop in performance when using the QlikView Desktop Client software. The desktop client on the server works without problems. However, all desktop clients that connect to the server are affected. Web Access is not affected by this.

Server information: Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, QV Server Version: 11.20.12664.0

Client information: QlikView Desktop Clients 11.20.12664 & 12.20.20300 (same issue)

I know that this server version is no longer supported, but maybe someone has the same problem and has already found a solution for this!?

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aleks1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello all,

the .net update is also installed. However, I just tested it with the "newer" desktop client v.12.30 SR5 and it seems to work. I don't want to install the latest client version as the server is on 11.20 base. We want to move to a new qlikview server with completely new applications this year. That's why I would rather avoid updating the old server.

Kind regards

Aleksej

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Aleks1,

Sorry, this issue doesn't ring a bell to me.  If possible, have you tested removing this KB to see if performance is restored to level prior to installation of this KB and confirm issue is due to the KB?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Aleks1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, we have tested that. Then it works again as before.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I did a Google search on that KB and found this:  Microsoft admits Windows 10 KB4601319 issue, promises fix.

So looks like there's a known issue KB4601319 and it is effecting many Windows users globally.  I'm not sure how it relates to QV Desktop, but seems that MS is working to correct this KB.  Hope that helps.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello Aleks,

Thanks for reaching to community.

I have done a research on KB4601319 and seems there is a known issue with the latest windows patch update. Please find the below Microsoft article and also there will be a cumulative update release from Microsoft soon to fix the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/february-9-2021-kb4601319-os-builds-19041-804-and-19042-80...

However you may revert back the server to its good known configuration or uninstall the latest patch.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Aleks1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much for your answers. I hope Microsoft will also fix this issue. I am already looking forward to the next patchday on 9 March.

peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @Aleks1 ,

the same problem here. If Windows 10 20H2 is installed und the kb4601319 (february security update) there is an performance loss. Selection will last longer. If you uninstall it -as you described - everything is working fine. But for security reasons our IT department doesn't allow an uninstall.
We even tested KB4601382 (preview for the upcoming march update) and there is the same problem.

Kind regards
Peter

PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello Peterwh,

Thanks for your feedback. Let us wait for next release on March and do let us know your feedback if the cumulative update from Microsoft fixes the issue.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Senior Technical Support Engineer-Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Aleks1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @peterwh ,

Which QlikView server version do you use? Also 11.20? We also have problems with Windows 10 2004. As you described, we can't skip the security updates either. It seems to be a global problem. Is Qlik considering addressing this issue with Microsoft?

Kind regards

peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @Aleks1,

this doesn't depend on the server version (btw. we are still using 12.20 SR6 on Windows Server 2016). It depends on the Win10 Version: Win10 2004 und 20H2 have the same base. So KB4601319 is only available for these.

If you have Win10 1909 "KB5001028" is installed and you don't have the performance loss on the client side.

I don't know if Qlik or someone else is addressing this issue with Microsoft. I found nothing else that says this update brings a performance loss. So we can only hope that the upcoming patchday will bring a solution.

Kind regards

Peter