Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beanmachine
Partner - Contributor III

PowerTools qv-user-manager not clearing CALS in QV12

Hi All

I have a client running QV12 (12.10.20200.0) that wants to clear document CALS that have not been used in 30 days or more.  I have had this working well before using the QlikView PowerTools with the tool called 'qv-user-manager'.

However, this time the program is reporting that it has cleared the doc CALS but they still remain.  I can run it again and again and it tells me they are removed but it's lying!

Syntax:

<path>\qv-user-manager.exe" --remove cal > <log file>

Example output:

Removed 6 Document CALs from 'My App.qvw' on QVS@MyServer

I have two questions:

• Has anyone got this working with QV12?
  • Is there a new version of the PowerTools on the way?

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks

Richard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. I don't think so. The current/older PowerTools versions are known not to work reliably with QV12.
  2. Yes. See here for an important request you may want to add your remarks to: Survey: Help us shape the next Power Tools release!

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. I don't think so. The current/older PowerTools versions are known not to work reliably with QV12.
  2. Yes. See here for an important request you may want to add your remarks to: Survey: Help us shape the next Power Tools release!

Best,

Peter

beanmachine
Author

Thanks Peter.  I was not aware of the article or the survey.  I will take the survey now.

I will have to tell my client there is no fix for now but hopefully we will get new PowerTools soon.

Thanks,

Richard