Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor

QVD analyzer in Qlikview along with error info in it

Hello everyone,

I want to develop a QVD analyzer which shows the input QVD (with path) and output QVD (with path) along with error info, if any, kindly suggest me from where should i start with.

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You can take the QlikView Governance Dashboard which you can download from Qlik Software Download site and see its script to take your own ideas, if the app itself does not help.

gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the reply Miguel...

I'll surely do it.

Anyother idea, like if i want to extract all the above info from the Log file, how would i do it...?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That is exactly what the QlikView Governance Dashboard is doing. You can even check its script, to see how the app is loading the the different logs to obtain that lineage information.

You don't only need the logs but also the -prj folders (the script) of every app to know exactly how the QVDs are consumed.

gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Miguel,

I am checking it

Here all the script is stored in hidden script, can you tell me from where would i get the password for the hidden script

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

At least in 2.0.2 onwards, the password is already in the script, in a comment.

Be aware that any change will render void the support for that app, since you have modified it.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Much of what you need is stored in the XML header. Depending on how the QVD was created, you will also get detailed lineage from there as well. You can use code like this to read the XML header:

Metadata:

LOAD QvBuildNo,

CreatorDoc,

CreateUtcTime,

SourceFileSize,

TableName as TABLE_NAME,

RecordByteSize,

NoOfRecords,

%Key_QvdTableHeader_B94FCCAC68ED3E20    // Key for this table: QvdTableHeader

FROM [$(vPath)] (XmlSimple, Table is [QvdTableHeader]);

And here is the lineage:

LineageInfo:

LOAD Discriminator,

Statement,

%Key_QvdTableHeader_B94FCCAC68ED3E20    // Key to parent table: QvdTableHeader

FROM [$(vPath)] (XmlSimple, Table is [QvdTableHeader/Lineage/LineageInfo]);

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein