Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinayqv2019
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik View 12.20 Distribution services are in hang stae ( Stopping ) when restart the services.

Hi Team,

We have Qlik View 12.20 . From last few weeks we are facing issue on Qlik View server is not performing as expected.

Today morning QMC and QV report access links are not working , on checking the services we tried to restart the QV services ( Distribution Services ) and it is in a hang state ( stopping ) . Due to this we have to ask for the server team to restart the QV Server.

Could you please advise / suggest what causing the Qlik View not responding.

There was no error on logs during this.

Thanks and Regards,

Vinay

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should be checking the Distribution Service Root_date log file as that will tell you where the service is in its process of starting and shutting down as well, so if there is something there, that would be where it is being written, and depending upon where things are hanging, we would at least know how far it is getting in the process, which may then provide some additional ideas.

One likely issue would be something has become corrupted in the Distribution Service Application Data folder, and it is of little use to try to find the culprit in the majority of cases, the best course of action at that point is to stop the Distribution Service service, then rename the existing Application Data folder, then restart the service allowing it to recreate everything.  The downside of this is you will lose your historical information, but you still have it in the renamed folder and you can use the Governance Dashboard application to load that up to use in analyzing things moving forward.  

The only other thing of which I can think might be an issue withe Distribution Service being able to launch the QVB.exe process, which it does every time it starts, if that is the case, you could try to manually launch QVB.exe to re-register things and see if that works or not.

That is about all I have with no logs etc. shout if you have further questions.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.