Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

QlikView Doc cals are not released in QMC

I recently installed qlikview server 12.7 on a new server. On that server i activated qlikview server with the license key that was used on the old qlikview 11 server. Then i noticed that the doc cals werent released yet. So i cleared all the doc cals on the old qlikview 11 server. However, the doc cals still stay assigned according to the doc cal status info on the new server. Actions i tried already:

-I restarted the new qv server service several times.

- I updated the license key 

- I shut down the old machine.

All these actions didnt help clearing the doc cals. Does anyone have ideas? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@tabletuner 

Did you also move over the old configuration? Or did you start over from scratch? If you didn't bring over any files this should not be possible. All license assignment are stored in pgo files. If you delete those all license configuration will be cleared.

If you did migrate the old server this seems like expected behavior.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@tabletuner 

Did you also move over the old configuration? Or did you start over from scratch? If you didn't bring over any files this should not be possible. All license assignment are stored in pgo files. If you delete those all license configuration will be cleared.

If you did migrate the old server this seems like expected behavior.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @tabletuner,

In addition to @Maria_Halley's excellent post, if you migrated all QVWs and PGO files to the new server from the old server, you should be able to recover the Doc CALs by following Qlik Knowledgebase article Qlik Fix: How to Recover Missing Document CALs.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Stop your QlikView server service.  Go to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer delete all the PGO files and do the same for you Root (Documents) folder.  

Restart the services.  

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Bill, Chip and Maria. The licenses are cleared now. Issue solved 🙂