Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II

QlikView No of Reports/Dashboards using Oracle connection

Hi Team,

I need to pull data in QlikView how many  reports/dashboards are using Oracle data base for entire QlikView environment. 

For example if there are 100 reports available in QlikView environment. Let us say there are 50 reports are using oracle data base. I want to know that 50 count.

Is there any way we can pull data or any short cuts find it? Kindly help me. 

Regards,

Siva

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @siva_boggarapu 

you should start with checking the systemDSN entries for Oracle Databases in the ODBC settings on the Qlikview server. Then use that approach with the -prj folder to get the load script extracted, see  https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2017/11/mass-editing-of-qvw-script/

If you in the load script see that you use something like  $(Include=script.txt) then you need to parse those for the same.

and search for the connection name you found in the DSN that should give you all the apps with oracle connections.

@rwunderlich  might have a few more ideas as well.

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @siva_boggarapu 

you should start with checking the systemDSN entries for Oracle Databases in the ODBC settings on the Qlikview server. Then use that approach with the -prj folder to get the load script extracted, see  https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2017/11/mass-editing-of-qvw-script/

If you in the load script see that you use something like  $(Include=script.txt) then you need to parse those for the same.

and search for the connection name you found in the DSN that should give you all the apps with oracle connections.

@rwunderlich  might have a few more ideas as well.

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂