Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NenadV
Creator
Creator

QlikView, What client to use when IE is not available anymore and Ajax is slow has a poor layout compared to the designed layout?

# QlikView hasn't been discontinued why there are no more QlikView focused options, labels for it n for 15+ years old n loyal customers

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @NenadV,

Since your question is regarding the QlikView IE Plugin, I'll move this thread from the Qlik Sense > Deployment & Management forum to the QlikView > Administration forum so that it reaches it's intended audience.

The changes regarding the IE Plugin were due to Microsoft abandoning Active X in the Edge browser. You can still utilize the IE Plugin client by running Edge in IE Mode. Have a look at the Qlik Support article Run Microsoft Edge in IE-mode to be able to use QlikView's Internet Explorer plugin for more details.

Note, most QlikView customers utilize the AJAX client over the IE Plugin client and find AJAX to fill their needs.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Chip. I'll check it  with our IT team.

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

hi, after removing s from https it works as expected. Thanks

11 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @NenadV,

Since your question is regarding the QlikView IE Plugin, I'll move this thread from the Qlik Sense > Deployment & Management forum to the QlikView > Administration forum so that it reaches it's intended audience.

The changes regarding the IE Plugin were due to Microsoft abandoning Active X in the Edge browser. You can still utilize the IE Plugin client by running Edge in IE Mode. Have a look at the Qlik Support article Run Microsoft Edge in IE-mode to be able to use QlikView's Internet Explorer plugin for more details.

Note, most QlikView customers utilize the AJAX client over the IE Plugin client and find AJAX to fill their needs.

Best Regards

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Chip.

I understand that, and it is what it is.

I can't accept explanation to use web client (AJX) because:

1. Opening applications takes longer

2. Position and size of objects is not the same as it is in Qlikview Desktop, used to develop QVapps

3. Default pivot table layouts are lost when an QVapp is opened next time, after a user change the default layout 

Thanks

P.S. I was not able to find the  QlikView > Administration forum you moved this question to.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @NenadV,

To follow up, we have many customers that successfully use the IE Plugin client in Edge by leveraging the browser's IE Mode. So, suggest that you investigate this option for your environment. Thanks!

Best Regards 

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi. I’m familiar with the IE mode in Edge, but it still behaves and looks like as when Ajax/ web client is used

Thanks
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@NenadV 

For me the plug-in looks and behaves the same as in IE.

Have you selected Plug-in as "Default Preferred Client" in the webserver(s)?  If you open the document from  AccessPoint by clicking details and select plug-in, do you still get the wrong client? 

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Maria,

Yes, and no, i still doesn't work as expected 

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@NenadV 

But it does shows up an option under by clicking details and select plug-in, right?

If it still opens in Ajax, I suggest you  contact Qlik Support since that is not expected behavior. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-contact-Qlik-Support/ta-p/1837529

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, it does, but it is not taken into account.

clients 2024-01-22_10-50-13.jpg2024-01-22_11-54-23.jpg2024-01-22_11-54-46.jpg

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

This may be due to an environmental setting/group policy outside of QlikView. As stated, there are a lot of QV customers who use the plugin with Edge in IE mode successfully and without any issues.

Best Regards