Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenAdams
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Licence Lease Error in Qlikview Desktop

Hi All,

I am trying to Lease Qlikview licence but when i tried connecting to the server  "Failed to reach to the server, switching to the https tunnelling, connected to the server Ok, negotiation timed out " error i checked the port 4747 is opened on my machine as well as on server, other users are able to lease licence without any error, please help as its urgent 

Labels (1)
33 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Thanks @KenAdams 

Then, does it work opening the Access Point from the browser itself or they get an error too?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Nope, its not giving error when opening access point in browser 

Albert_Candelario

Then, there is possibly a network issue here.

What the Dev Tools of the browser says?

I would suggest checking the port 4747 again from the users machines to the QlikView server, check if there is proxy and also why the url of the Access Point cannot be even open on the browser.

Cheers,

Albert

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@KenAdams  Kindly ensure that both the Desktop and Server are running the same version of Qlikview otherwise leasing will fail.

Thanks

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jill,

I have checked in the Qlikview version on user's machine and on server is of the same version Qlikview May 2022.

KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Albert,

I have checked the port is open on user's machine and access point portal is opening in the  browser there is no issue.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @KenAdams,

How many users/computers are effected?

Can other users/computers in your environment successfully lease a license for QV Desktop? If yes, what are the differences between the effected computer and the computers that can successfully lease a license?

Is this user/computer remote and using a VPN?

Can the effected user logon to another computer and lease a license?

Can another user logon to the effected computer and lease a license?

Since this issue looks to require more intense troubleshooting, suggest you open a case with Qlik Support.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
KenAdams
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi chip,

We noticed that only 2 users are facing this issue, and they are new Qlikview users, for other users there is no issue, they are able to lease the licence 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Okay, so what are the differences between these two users/computers that are having the issue and the other users in the environment who can successfully lease a license?

Are these users/computer remote and using a VPN?

Can one of these effected users logon to one of computers and that have previously leased a license? What occurs?

Can another user logon to one the effected computer and lease a license?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Albert_Candelario

Thanks @KenAdams, so the access point was opening on the browser but still not opening on the Desktop.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,

Albert